The first structure of Belvoir(pronounced Beaver) Castle was built by the Normans. The castle was passed to Robert De Ros in 1247 and was taken over by William, Lord Hastings in 1464. The castle was then returned to the Ros Family when Henry VII became king of England in 1485. Belvoir Castle was destroyed in 1649 by parliamentarian forces during the English Civil War. After the war, it was rebuilt in 1654 by Earl of Rutland. It has now been home of the Manners family for five hundred years. It is located near the town of Grantham in Leicestershire, England, overlooking the Vale of Belvoir. It is one of the most irregulared shaped castles with an impressive large round tower and sits in an estate of almost 30,000 acres.